3. Creative Teams and Projects
What you will learn
- The benefits of working in creative teams
- The four team formation stages
- The five project management processes
- The ten areas of project management processes
- The purse and approaches to planning
- The role of the work breakdown structure
- Using Gantt charts for managing time and work
- The Waterfall project management approach
- The Agile project management approach
- What makes successful virtual collaboration teams
- International opportunities for virtual teamwork
Basic experience of working in groups and managing projects.
A general understanding of planning and implementation stages in project management.
Work better in teams and manage projects successfully!
Working in teams is not always easy, but they offer extraordinary opportunities to grow, learn from others, be more productive and gain unique competitive advantages that single creative entrepreneurs cannot have. Team members should complement each other, bring in different skills and share a common understanding of working together, but they don’t perform well from the moment they are formed. That is why project management skills are essential to coordinate creative teams successfully and make them productive. This course will teach you to do that by covering three key areas:
- Creative teams – Their characteristics, stages of forming them, advantages and disadvantages.
- Project management – The skills you need to coordinate skills, resources, time and quality across team members.
- Virtual collaboration – Putting project management skills and teams to use on a global scale.
Managing team projects is the first step to build strategic partnerships with other creative entrepreneurs and clients. Showing that you are able to work not only individually but also as part of the group is essential when approaching corporate clients that are in fact large teams. Learning to delegate, assign tasks and complete those assigned to you will be the foundation of the practical case studies and exercises you will have to complete in this course. Examples from successful creative teams should follow you in this journey and offer models you can adapt and follow.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who sees value in collaborative creativity
- Curious creative entrepreneurs who can learn by working with others
- Anyone who understand the relationship between growth and collaboration
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes