4. Finance and Investors
What you will learn
- The relationship between value creation and financial management
- The core principles of entrepreneurial finance
- How to make financial assumptions
- The role of financial planning and budgeting
- What is an income (profit and loss) statement and how to prepare one
- What is the balance sheet and its relationship to the income statement
- How to do a Break Even Analysis
- Using internal and external capital for growth
- What determines the bargaining power for financial investments
- Angel investors and crowdfunding
- Other factors affecting financing and much more!
Basic numeracy skills of how money works for business.
A general understanding of financial relationships with stakeholders.
Make money work for your creativity, not your creativity work for money!
Money is important for business. Although it is often not the main source of motivation for many creative entrepreneurs, they realise how money can enable them to do more of what they like. Finance for entrepreneurship and start-ups is different from finance for established firms. It involves taking risk, making financial assumptions, preparing financial statements and putting it all to work for growing your business. In this course you will learn this through the following three topics:
- Financial statements – how to communicate financial information
- Access to finance – Sources of finance and stakeholder relationships
- Attracting investors – Strategies for growing with investors
Financial management is not only about relationships with suppliers and customers. Investors play a very important role to help start-ups grow. They bring in not only financial resources but also mentorship, expertise, market information, know-how, expertise and strategic partnerships. This is important to understand how money can work for our business to expand our creative potential, better than us working for money.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to manage finances better
- Creative entrepreneurs who want to know where to access finance
- Entrepreneurs who want are open to work with investors for growth
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Students 3
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes