2. Intellectual Property and Marketing
What you will learn
- The role of intellectual property rights to protect your creative works.
- Patents for inventions and innovations.
- Design rights for how something looks.
- Trademarks for defining the quality and identity of a brand.
- Copyrights for the expression of ideas.
- Creative commons opportunities for collaborative creative work.
- Open access as a tool for expanding your talent.
- The business benefits and drawbacks of protecting your IPR.
- Assessing the value of your intellectual property for the market.
- Marketing your IP for growing your business and much more!
A general idea about various forms of different creative outputs is necessary.
Readiness to put a price to your creative work and assess its value from various perspectives.
Evaluate, protect and use your creative intellectual property!
Creative people through history have always wanted to share their talent with the world, let everyone know, hoping for recognition. However, we all know that producing any type of creative work costs time, resources and a lot of effort. That is why intellectual property rights exist, to give creative talents an opportunity to be recognised, protect their creative works and gain from them not only profits but also recognition. This course will teach you to do that by covering three key areas:
- The importance of IPR – The value of registering IPR for creative businesses
- Types of IPR – Patents, design rights, trademarks, copyrights
- IPR business decisions – Assess IPR for business and investment added value
As users we don’t want to pay for using intellectual property created by others, but as creators we would often expect some recognition in the form of acknowledgment or money. That is why developing, protecting and using IP is a complicated process that often requires hiring qualified lawyers. Luckily, it is possible for a start-up to start small with the type of IPR they can afford and that is suitable for the size of their business, and then grow it organically with the rest of their operations. This is what this course is about and will enable you to do.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who produces any form of creative work
- Those who are passionate about new things even when created by others
- Anyone who recognises, values and wants to sell creative work and talent
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes