1. Starting a Creative Business
What you will learn
- Turn your creativity into business opportunities.
- Understand what business creativity is not to avoid common mistakes.
- Use brainstorming, the Delphi technique and lateral thinking for boosting your creativity.
- Apply a spider diagram or a mind map to structure your creative ideas.
- Use De Bono’s six thinking hats approach to manage problems creatively.
- Understand the application of design led innovation.
- Create a creative identity in the knowledge-push or need-pull dimension.
- Evaluate key characteristics of a good business idea.
- Apply the value proposition concept at different stages of your venture.
- Use the business model canvas as a planning strategy for your creative business and much more!
No prior business experience or skills are required, but you need to be curious and willing to learn new concepts.
Come with an open mind to look at problems from different perspectives and combine ideas, even contradicting ones.
Apply your creative thinking to business thinking!
Doing business can be as creative as any form of art, and doing art can be as profitable as any business. Combining creativity and business skills together can be more powerful than any of them alone. In this course we convey this idea by covering the following three key topics:
- Creativity generation – Be more creative in expressing your talent and to solve problems
- Business opportunities – Identify and use business principles to creative thinking
- Business model canvas – Use a structure approach to organise your creative projects
Many think that creativity is born, but those who are professional in various creative industries really know that their success is the result of hard work, experience, failure and a systematic approach to evolve. Creativity can be learned, advanced and improved. A set of tools and techniques will be presented to help you do that. You can then test your creativity and apply it to business practice.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who does something creative and wants to gain more business skills
- Curious thinkers who want to understand their creative potential
- Anyone who is looking for a guide to manage their creative talent professionally
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 31
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Thanks for this courses! My understanding from this lectures is that the first thing to have an Idea. Then we should do brainstorming of how thus idea can be benefitted from customers. Visualization the daily process of people may help to connect the idea with end buziness product,- I think. Thanks.